OPTIMISATION ISN'T NICE TO HAVE... IT IS ESSENTIAL
The major IT initiatives of today – data centre consolidation, cloud computing, unified communications, desktop and application virtualisation and disaster recovery – all require a well performing Wide Area Network (WAN). As the applications that are critical to a business activity move further away from the end user and become increasingly dependent on connectivity across a WAN, there almost certainly will be a need for optimisation due to the severe negative performance impact on these applications caused by bandwidth congestion, packet loss and latency.
The first instinct when encountering these kind of problems when deploying these technologies is often to attempt a time consuming and costly bandwidth upgrade, which nevertheless often does not solve the underlying problem.
Therefore, a much more cost-effective optimisation solution which can deliver multiples of extra virtual bandwidth, mitigate latency, correct packet loss and guarantee application performance is ESSENTIAL to ensure a consistent end user experience.
For further information on EcoLogic please email OaaS@ecologic.uk.net or call 08456 118820
Therefore, Optimisation as a Service is ideally suited for:
- All CLOUD/ ‘as a Service’ /HOSTED Data Centre environments that deliver applications across the WAN and allows the ability to share the cost over one platform of supporting multiple customers in a multi-tenancy environment
- Replication/Disaster Recovery solutions that demand a high capacity virtual solution (OaaS scales to 1GB of fully optimised data). OaaS can vastly improve Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) due to a massive increase in replication throughput
- Due to the increase bandwidth footprint and latency sensitivity, OaaS is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL for VDI deployments across the WAN irrespective of the application type, e.g. Citrix, VMware, Microsoft, Oracle, etc. OaaS offers the granularity of bandwidth support (starting at 512k) to be cost effective for all types of remote branches
- Unified communications deployments such as VOIP and Video will see huge increase in reliability and voice quality due to real-time forward error correction, packet loss recovery and quality of service technologies
- Mixed environments combining elements of the above (e.g. VDI, VOIP, Video) can be optimised and controlled using an integrated Quality of Service management and control platform
OaaS Technology Differentiators
- Application Aware Networking: Investment protection through a proven ability not just to optimise ALL today’s applications but an optimisation platform that will support ALL future applications dependent on business needs and is NOT DEPENDENT on specific application plugins unlike many competing offerings. OaaS is Application Aware but not Application Dependent - ICA, UDP, RDP, FTP, NFS, HTTP/HTTPS, CIFS, Exchange, Lotus, VOIP, VIDEO, Print
- "Data Once”: OaaS contains FULL “Network Memory” capability ensuring that your data is never sent twice. All “Network Memory” is fully encrypted at all points on the network.
- Network Integrity: OaaS provides network wide data integrity using Packet Order Correction and Packet Loss Reconstruction in real time negating the need to retransmit data. Vital for High Latency links!
- Latency Mitigation: Using Network Acceleration latency mitigation technologies OaaS provides optimisation across even the highest latency link such as satellite connections.
- Flexible & Scaleable: Offered in bandwidths from 512kb up to 1GB to fit all environments. In addition, OaaS is built to support the industry's largest TCP/UDP flow counts, resulting in increased reliability and performance for emerging applications like VDI and the ability to support many more end users
- Open Architecture: Virtual software offering means that OaaS can be flexibly deployed and is not constrained by closed hardware architecture
OaaS Commercial Model
- ‘As a Service’ Annual License Model the flexibility of zero or little capex. Two to five year contracts with substantial discounts for 4 and 5 year deals
- Standard regular free of charge reporting through management portal. Dynamic management and adjustment of estate policy for additional annual fee
To understand how your company can benefit please access the pages below: